Friday, August 8, 2008

UK Bound

The United Kingdom in Epcot's World Showcase is one of my favorite places in the park. This shot that I took on our 2007 trip could have been taken in a small country town in England if you weren't familiar with the Epcot version of the country. Being a huge fan of English football (that's soccer to most Americans) I love the merchadise in the shops and I also love the area of the shops that has the chess boards on display as well as the family crests. There's nothing better than getting a pint and walking through the shops before ending up in the courtyard toward the rear of the pavilion to watch a British Invasion performance. The Rose and Crown is also one of my favorite restaurants in all of WDW. Whether you eat inside or outside there is plenty of great atmosphere to take in. In what might seem like heresy to many in the Disney community I actually prefer eating here over Le Cellier. I always enjoy conversing with the cast members here as well. They may see me wearing my Arsenal Football Club shirt and just strike up a conversation that really is a joy. For my next post we'll head back over to Future World for a trip to Seabase Alpha.

No comments: