Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Figment!

This picture is from our Disney trip in the summer of 2007. For a short time Figment's Place was located near the entrance of Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. Figment would make appearances here throughout the day. Before our last visit in October of 2008, my wife learned that Figment was no longer appearing as an in-park character. She did learn that people had started requesting his return at Guest Relations near Spaceship Earth and Innoventions. I hope that he does return as Figment is one of the true classic EPCOT characters who has been around since the early '80's. With Mickey and Co. still making appearances surely Disney will recognize that Figment is also a favorite and he will return.

2 comments:

Lou Mongello - WDWRadio.com said...

While I agree and loved seeing the walk-around giant Figment, the nostalgic in me will always miss the Dreamfinder walk-around with his little pal Figment. Either way, Figment is and always should eb a very integral part of the park and should be more visible than he currently is.

EpcotMike said...

Yes, Dreamfinder was great though, although a little before my time as far as remembering the walk around character. I do remember the old attraction though and would love to see him just return to the attraction, not just as an in-park character. Thanks Lou!