Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nova Cite

Nova Cite was the futuristic city in the Horizons attraction that is the first scene you go to after the historical look at the future. I loved this scene from the Star Trek inspired outfits to the holgram communication, but perhaps my favorite was the elaborate background painting of the futuristic city buildings. I was unaware of the fact that the choose your own ending was going to have a Nova Cite option until I listened to Lou Mongello's WDW Radio Show episode all about Horizons. Apparently the ending would have put riders on a mag-lev train through the city. That would have been outstanding and I would definitely have voted for this ending in my vehicle.

2 comments:

Lou Mongello - WDWRadio.com said...

I'm with you! As much as I loved the Space ending, this was my favorite!

EpcotMike said...

Thanks for the comment Lou.

I have to admit I listen to that old Horizons EPCOT retrospective show that you and Jeff did at least a couple of times a month.

It's good to see that someone in the Disney community is looking at this as right now my wife and just a few friends were reading it and the comments will hopefully help spark ideas for new posts with which I can get more in depth with.

Looking forward to Celebrations magazine as well!